Birth to 24
Birth to 24
These Insights are plain-language summaries of NEL systematic reviews focusing on specific topics addressed by the 2010 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. These are designed to communicate NEL evidence to a broad audience including the nutrition community, public health and policy groups, and evidence analysis libraries or centers. Each Insight covers a brief review of the scientific evidence, and the link to related Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommendations.
- Dietary Energy Density and Body Weight: A Review of the Evidence
- The Food Environment, Eating Out, and Body Weight: A Review of the Evidence
- Diet Self-Monitoring and Body Weight: A Review of the Evidence
- Screen Time and Body Weight: A Review of the Evidence
- Maternal Intake of Seafood Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Infant Health: A Review of the Evidence
- Breakfast Consumption, Body Weight, and Nutrient Intake: A Review of the Evidence
- Dietary Saturated Fat and Cardiovascular Health: A Review of the Evidence
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Reviewing the Science on Nutrition and Health
2010 DGAC Published Articles:
- Pérez-Escamilla R, Obbagy JE, Altman JM, Essery EV, McGrane MM, Wong YP, Spahn JM, Williams CL. Dietary energy density and body weight in adults and children: a systematic review. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012 May;112(5):671-84. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2012.01.020. Epub 2012 Apr 3. Review. PubMed PMID: 22480489.
Listen to Podcast (Duration: 16:56 min)
- Spahn JM, Lyon JM, Altman JM, Blum-Kemelor DM, Essery EV, Fungwe TV, Macneil PC, McGrane MM, Obbagy JE, Wong YP. The systematic review methodology used to support the 2010 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. J Am Diet